Monday, January 4, 2010

The pot roast sandwich


Food. It's great. Beer. It's Great as well.

In this space I hope to explore ideas about brewing and ideas that I come up with in hopes to broaden my food horizons.

So in honor of the fact that I am a bachelor and leftovers pretty much feed me pretty frequently, I figured the first post should be based on leftovers.

Friday night I decide to make my mothers infamous pot roast for dinner. It turned out great, it was a lot of fun to make and everyone enjoyed it.

Tonight after a long day at work, I didn't want to cook something new, and pulled out the leftover pot roast for a sandwich. I had been thinking about it on the drive home and decided the pot roast would make an amazing BBQ Beef sandwich. I had two bottles of Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce open (sweet and chipolte) dumped it into a bowl full of shredded pot roast and microwaved for about 3 minutes. While the meat was being microwaved, I toasted a French Roll in the broiler with a little butter.
The resulting sandwich was really good. The BBQ sauce was perfect with the flavors of the pot roast and was just enough food for dinner.
Total prep time was about 15 minutes.

Well hope you enjoy my blog, brewing will be coming up soon, received a new ingredient kit tonight, hoping to brew this weekend.

3 comments:

  1. I wanted to be the first to post a comment. What a great idea for helping people know what to do with their leftovers. Can't wait to see what comes from your 'brewing' portion. (This is hard, I have to choose a profile?!!! Ugh!) - (Now my account can't be processed. I must have chosen the 'wrong' account.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Infamous? Doesn't that imply famous because it's bad? Now I can't remember... Anyhow, fun idea for a blog! I'll have to add you to my blog list the next time I do something with my blog. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks quite YUM-0 for sure! I'm wondering though. . . where's the color on your plate? Greens? Maybe coleslaw? or a PICKLE? I know YOU - so I'm challenging you to color up your meals! Keep it up - love this idea!

    ReplyDelete