Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Am I feeling OK?

So it's been a while since I've been to the Grocery store. Tonight I finally went, I hate going, because it always feels so uninspired. Well. Today, I decided I need to buy something different, something that won't end up killing me (in theory).I decided to buy a bag of salad, yeah that doesn't seem like the best way to eat salad, but its easy, and chances are I'd be more likely to eat it if I dont have to cut it all up and wash it (sans a salad spinner). So thats what I bought.
I finally got home from the grocery store (seeing as it's such a long drive from my house). And decided, there is no time like the present, and prepared a salad.
I know what you must be thinking! Matt! What the HELL are you doing having salad for dinner...
Well not to worry fair readers... This was what I washed it down with:
I find it extremely appropriate that I used the "hopworks" mug, this brew is hoppy. Not extremely, I've had things that are much more hoppy, but the aroma... man, the aroma is like being back in Portland, in pubs and breweries filled with the lovely smell of hops. I was worried, because I bought a case of it, with no prior knowledge except that I love all that Sam Adams does. I don't regret the case purchase, its awesome. Go buy some Sam Adams Noble Pils.

You'll have to excuse me though, my beers getting warm and my salad is as well. I must tend to them.

4 comments:

  1. what a great post! It is lovely that you are enjoying a salad for dinner. It is so civilized! And the beer looks fab, I must try it sometime...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salad for dinner is awesome. I do it all the time! Can't say as much for the beer though....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good boy! Go green.... I went white today and ate an entire head of cauliflower. I have the opposite problem from you. Thinking I need more red meat in my diet. Does red meat cut down the circles under the eys?

    ReplyDelete
  4. salad is GOOD.... Pils is mo'GOODER!!! And tell Holly "YES! circles under the eyes can be cured by eating beef (iron)!!

    ReplyDelete