Sunday, January 15, 2012

Beer #11 - Mikkeller Santa's Little Helper 2011

I have had this beer in my fridge since the beginning of December, and all during the Holidays I was planning on opening it. The time never seemed just quite right so in my fridge it sat.

Thursday night this week, I really wanted to have something strong; I also wanted to have something I hadn't ever had (as I was recognizing that i was falling behind on the blog). I decided I'd share this bottle with myself, poured most of it in to my Duvel Tulip and sat down for deep pontification of life and beer.

This beer was fantastic. Sometimes Mikkeller over does it, he thinks that because he is a "gypsy brewer" he can be all hipster and do funky weird ass things that no one really enjoys. Then there are beers like this. He is a clearly a great brewer, there have only been a few things that I have had that fall into the "what the heck were you thinking" category. This one was quite nice. The belgian spices were perfectly balanced with the darker colored malts, and the alcohol was just there to remind you that you need to be careful with this one.
If you can still find it around, I highly recommend picking one up. Sit on it a year or drink fresh.


No comments:

Post a Comment