Sunday, January 8, 2012

Year in Beer - v6

1/7/2012 - Left Coast Voodoo American Stout
My friend Trevor Carpenter fell in love with this beer this week. My friends Paul and Manette picked me up a bottle so I could give it a try. I opened it up last night.

Initial aromas and tastes were are a little chemically. Which isn't a good thing. I am pretty sure this taste was from the hops, and both the aroma and flavor mellowed after the first sip. I do like this stout, if you can make it past that weird initial flavor, then it starts to be just a nice bitter, well hopped stout with a great chocolate malt backbone. Not the most legendary beer I've ever had but definitely worth trying. I will probably buy this when I am looking for a nice easy going, strong stout with a little hop to it. The 8.5% caught me off guard and hit me pretty quick.

1 comment: